Russell County School District First Class Pre-K
The Alabama First Class Pre-K is a grant funded program operated by the Office of School Readiness. This program is designed to provide a full day of developmentally appropriate instruction and support for four-year-old children. The Pre-K curriculum and instruction is aligned with the Alabama Developmental Standards for Preschool Children. These standards address 9 areas of development to include:
- Language and Literacy
- Science and Environmental Education
- Fine Arts
- Physical Development
- Social-Emotional Development
- Approaches to Learning
The goal of the First Class Pre-K program is to ensure students have access to high quality learning experiences that prepare them for future success in school.
Apply for Pre-K here: REGISTER
Ages and Stages Questionnaires
ASQ-3 English: https://www.asqonline.com/family/ea0705
ASQ-3 Spanish: https://www.asqonline.com/family/dc42cf
Important Pre-K Information
- Child must be 4 years old prior to September 1, 2021
- Students must be potty trained
- Enrollment is random selection
- Class size is maximum 18
- Breakfast and lunch is provided free each day
- Transportation is not provided for Pre-K by the District
- Parents must complete 12 volunteer hours during the school year.
- A change of clothes (weather appropriate) is required daily.
- Small blanket and pillow are optional for rest/naptime.
- No supplies are required for First Class Pre-K; however, you are welcome to make donations to the teacher's wishlist items below:
2 bottles Hand sanitizer
2 bottles Hand soap
Please access the school below website for additional school related policies and information.
The Pre-K classes are located at the following Russell County School District schools:
Dixie Elementary 334-468-5353 / 4914 Hwy 80 West, Opelika, AL 36804
Ladonia Elementary 334-468-5805 / 9 Woodland Drive, Phenix City, AL 36869
Mt. Olive Primary 334-468-5100 / 454 Hwy 165, Ft. Mitchell, AL 36856
Oliver Elementary 334-468-5400 / 77 Longview Street, Seale, AL 36875
Director of Federal Programs / Pre-K